Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Oceans of Hope



Unfortunately, the fam couldn't make it to Manhattan Beach last Sunday because of the Wife's possible hip surgery. Treading through sand did not exactly sound like fun after the MRI results came in. Fortunately, ODAT was able to make it. She provides her report below:

one day at a time said...
"I attended the Ocean of Hope Event this weekend in Manhattan Beach where I had the opportunity to meet some wonderful people from the Sarcoma Alliance Organization. Even though I was there for only a short amount of time, I had the opportunity to speak to some of the volunteers and board members of this wonderful organization. I had a chance to share Marco's courageous experience fighting soft-tissue sarcoma and his continued determination to beat this.

Two people that stood out in this event was Dave Murphy, board member of the organization whose wife had sarcoma and Marites Tullius. They both took the time to listen to my story and offered me words of encouragement and support. This event has done alot to open my eyes to this disease. Even though it is something that we never expected or ever wanted for our wonderful brother, Moshura, we hope that organizations like this are available to help him get through this."

4 comments:

weezy130 said...

This means a lot that you went ODAT. I truly appreciate your efforts. We truly appreciate the carpooling as well. Thanks. We are here 4 U guys!!! Moshura, The Wife, DLP, Machini WE LUV YA!!!!

The Wife said...

ODAT the pictures are amazing and we are greatful that you were able to attend the O2H. From the pictures you get a sense that alot of people attended and had their whole families there too.

I hope we can all attend next year and maybe come up with ideas to raise money.

thk you again

surviving 3 under 5 said...

I applaud you guys for showing support for the Marc's Team. We all are reaching for more information, connection, etc. concerning sarcomas. I really am overjoyed that you guys went big hug from me. Would love to hear more...

Anonymous said...

Hello! Can you tell me how i can register mail at google [url=http://google.com]google[/url] http://google.com