Friday, July 25, 2008

Randy Pausch: My Childhood Dreams



He was a geeky, funny guy who had pancreatic cancer. This lecture is worth the view. Makes me wanna achieve my childhood dreams - Professional breakdancer/Hamburglar anyone? He mentions the brick walls toward your childhood dreams. What are your brick walls? Mine: not flexible enough, slightly overweight, breakdancing is whhhaaack now... and stealing hamburgers is pretty pathetic... maybe I should recast my childhood dreams? Doctor... Brick wall: F in Algebra, faint at the site of blood. Guess I can always keep dreaming though!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

surviving 3 under 5 says: Courage is what the recipe calls for. Courage to live a life that we would be proud of. I want to raise three boys to be fine men. I need to look beyond everyday brick walls ( forcing a 3 year old to time-out for several non regulation karate- chops to the brothers) and see the wonderful individuals that god blessed me with. I need to value their differences and embrace the possibility of their enormous future as fine individuals. Boys will be boys.

D.L.P said...

WHEN WE WERE IN LAUGHLIN MY DAD WAS CHANGING THE CHANNLES ON THE TV AND HE HAPPEN TO COME ACROSS THIS GUY ON TV...WE ENDED UP WATCHING IT TILL WE ALL FELL ASLEEP IT WAS A GOOD SHOW. I ENJOY IT..I THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY THAT WE HAD SEEN THE SHOW AND THEN MY TIA MABEL PUT IT ON THE BLOG....COINCEDENCE???

~DLP~

weezy130 said...

I saw the video. Thank you for posting it. It was important to have seen it. We learn something new everyday. I learned that it's never too late for new enlightenment. What a coincidence of both of you seeing the video. I loved it!