Thursday, June 25, 2009

Week Two of Phase III Trail of AP23573




Marco has been doing ok so far with no side affects that he can notice thus far. The only may be he gets a little tired and sleepy the first two days after he starts to take it.
The surgery area is healing really well and the pain level has gone down with some of the soreness but there are times that it hurts more than others.

His hair has grown out and his skin has color now.....I love to touch the hair on his head it feels like a baby kitten. Its sooo soft. It started growing fast when he was at City of Hope for his surgery then it just stopped growing, he just had his hair cut last week and it looks good now, cause he started to look like he was out of the 70's show.
It's nice to see that he is looking better now a days.......he even walks a little faster and hardly holds his left side. The sneezing is the worst to see him do I think, cause then you do see that it hurts to do that. AHHHHHH Chew! Ya, did you just have a visual on that cause if you did you would see how that would hurt.

Just wanted to share some exciting news about DLP...our baby girl will be turning 15 this Monday. Yes, I did say baby girl, she will be our baby even if she is 80 years old. Maybe won't be able to sit her on my lap at 80 but she will still be our baby. Well enough of that. Everyone who knows DLP knows she is known to change her mind of what she wants to do for her B-Day and will text everyone on the countdown to her B-Day.

So no NASCAR party this year! Thank you in part to Marco's family she will be attending her first opera in Las Vegas to see the PHANTOM OF THE OPERA and has invited Machini and I.
This is the part where you are probably asking yourself what happened to Marco. Marco will not be attending this event due to a lack of appreciation of the OPERA. Basically he can't stand the singing in the movie or here at home when we all sing. He basically said HELL NO I'm going to see the Phantom of the Opera , you are all out of damn mind. HaHa it makes me laugh even when I am writting it. We will take picture to show you later.

Marco will now be on a two week follow up then will be on a 4 week follow up and will be under a watchful eye with CT Scans and xrays. So if anything shows up it will be caught on time.

Just a reminder SARCOMA AWARENESS is July 18 thru July 26. August 2009 will be the OCEANS OF HOPE in Mahattan Beach,Ca maybe we can make it out this year! That would be fun I think.

I also would like to invite our friends and new friends from the fundraiser to read and post a comment. Marco reads the blog everyday. Thank you to all again for everything you do!

10 comments:

DLP said...

i think that secretly my dad likes the phantom of the opera but won't admit it. we all no he sings along in his head...."the phantom of the opera is inside his mind!"

Anonymous said...

Leezy120 said...
It was great to spend Father's Day with our pops, Marco, and family. DLP will enjoy Phantom especially after she saw the documentary. It was amusing seeing DLP open her gifts. She is a cutie!! Glad to see you guys at ease and happy this past weekend. We are taking it a day at a time and savoring it. I know Marco would have wanted to eat more of Mama M's delicious cooking, but he was watching his cholesterol for Monday's appointment. Mom's already planning next menu when you come. She said Birria and Menudo for Machini. Love what the Wife said about her Baby Girl, You guys are too adorable!!

Anonymous said...

One Day at a Time Said...
We definitely enjoyed seeing you all to celebrate both Father's Day and Nay's early 15th b-day! Marcus definitely looked dapper in his Dodger jersey, the Wife always social and graceful, Machini the star of the show but I can honestly it was great to see Ms. Nay so happy and excited as she opened her early b-day presents. We are so ecstatic that you all will get to enjoy the Phantom. Marcus give it a chance. The movie was good but there is nothing like seeing it live. And what better place than Vegas! We are just happy to see that you guys are all doing well and that Marcus is recovering well. Looking forward to your Vegas pixs next week. Enjoy:)

Elsa D. said...

Hugs from this side of the continent.
and Happy Birthday to your baby. I know what you mean about our babies turning 15 ;-) Mine is going to be a junior in high school next year. I can´t get used to the idea. I hope Ariad works. Good luck.Got Hope, the comments you have left on my blog have cheered me up. I took my red shoes in my bag to the hospital and I forgot to wear them!

Ro said...

Hey Marco, I've been trying to read up on your status every chance I get; I'm glad to hear you're doing better...by the way that wify of yours is freaking hilarious! =) I wanted to say that it sucks that you and your family have to go through all of this but it's awesome to see how united you guys are, that alone will help you get through all this BS your experiencing. From one sarcoma survivor to another...$hit happens. Why...Who knows, but don't give up, keep the faith and keep on looking ahead for better days will come. Take care of yourself.
Ro

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I wish not approve on it. I think warm-hearted post. Especially the title attracted me to study the whole story.

Anonymous said...

fightingsarcoma.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

Anonymous said...

Gals
You have got to see this. Obama playing on XBox. Funniest video ever. http://bit.ly/bllhx1

Erika Gefter said...

Hey Marco, I've been trying to read up on your status every chance I get; I'm glad to hear you're doing better...by the way that wify of yours is freaking hilarious! =) I wanted to say that it sucks that you and your family have to go through all of this but it's awesome to see how united you guys are, that alone will help you get through all this BS your experiencing. From one sarcoma survivor to another...$hit happens. Why...Who knows, but don't give up, keep the faith and keep on looking ahead for better days will come. Take care of yourself. Ro