Friday, July 10, 2009

Look who is turning 40!



From The Wife:

Today Marco is turning 40. Seems like just yesterday we were running around our neighborhood. Time has gone by so fast...I have know Marco since we were 9 or 10 and I have to say from the first time I saw him we clicked somehow. We were together for a couple of years and broke up a couple too. But at the end we came back to each other ...yeah, I know cheezzy, right, but it's true.

Marco hasn't changed much in the 30 years that I have known him. He is still pretty much the same. Always there to lend a hand, to lend an ear, to give advice and always a great friend to be around. He has accomplished a lot in these 40 years of his life.

What do you write for someone who is turning 40? I have already given some insight to his life and what he has done these couple of years. Maybe it should start with cheezy stuff? I think everyone loves cheezy so lets start with...

Marco is a wonderful husband and father. He has accomplished lots. He is witty, funny (sometimes), but his humor could use some help! Sometimes his jokes suck but he means well I guess...I tell him after one of his jokes not to quit his day job because he wouldn't cut it as a comedian.

But sometimes (notice I said sometimes) he can make you piss your pants, of the shit that he comes up with, especially at his age 40 (oops! that number just keeps popping up).

Well this morning I asked him if he felt any different he said "No" then I asked if he felt like he grew up overnight and he said "No, I still feel like a ToysRus kid."

I think celebrating 40 and still feeling like a kid is great.

Honey, I hope you enjoy your day today! We love you!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marcito,
I hope you truly have a happy birthday no matter what Marie drags you to do. You deserve so much. It is hard to tell you face to face that you are such a trooper and awesome without wanting to laugh because of your 'yeah, yeah, yeah' face. You are a wise one grasshopper. Thank you for all of your wise words and wise cracks. I gave you some wise words to follow - just in case you get lost. But, most of the time you are the one that gives us wise words or actions to follow by being yourself. ' what would marco do? what would marco say? how would marco get it done?' I appreciate and am so thankful that you were born one of a kind. A great example for those around you. Happy Birthday! Cheers to many, many, many... many! more. Love you lots. Salud.
-kray

DLP said...

happy birthday papeechee. i love you very much. i hope you enjoy your birthday and the many more to come. you are the greatest of the greatest and no one can compare to you. happy birthday!
love your little princess.

Anonymous said...

Happy B day Bro. I know what 40 feels like because I've seen people turn 40 in the movies. As for me I wont have to worry about being middle aged until 5 years. Write your feelings so you can remind me when I get there. Happy Birthday. Hello Kitty turns 40 this year too. Big Looch

P.S. I told your wife you guys where going to get married years before you actually did.

Anonymous said...

'HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR MARCO
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOO,...YOU!"...
"AND MANY MOOOORE!"
I wish you complete health,
tranquility, happines and a wory-
free life along with your loveones
for many, many, years to come.
Te quiero mucho,
Salt&Pepper

The Wife said...

Glad to see I'm not the only cheese ball out there. You guys are all good.

Anonymous said...

Leezy120 said...
Happy Birthday Moshura!
Hope your day was wonderful just like you! You are one in a million my dearest brother. Looking forward to seeing you!

Surviving 3 Under 5 said...

Well Well Well
I have been on Vacation...for 2 long weeks. I was sooo stressed being away from my computer. So much to say so much to share...

I want to wish Marcs a Happy Birthday!! Glad the day turned out being a great day with the positive news from City of Hope that your lungs are clear! One day at a time is tough but keep pushing past all the downers and focus on the good days... enjoy the kids while they are on vacation.. enjoy the wiffee( HAHA)

It is o.k to have down time and enjoy life. You deserve the good days.

For the record everytime these two monkeys broke up the whole family was in mourning. My Grandma, my Aunt Mona, My Aunt Martita, my cousins, Sergio, Claudia, Gaby, Jackie all tried to convince Maria of her terrible mistake. Torture to think that Marcs would be away from our family. I knew that these two were meant for each other. I think we all knew.

The crazy part of this all is.... How in the Heck did you end up being 40??? I still see you breakdancing in the old neighborhood with your Gents of Unique Desire sweater!!! What ever happened to that sweater??
Love you V

Moshura's Sister said...

Wasn't it something weirdly spelled like "Gentz of Unique Deezire"? I guess can't be too hard to believe that Marco has been a cheezeball for 40 years.