Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Happy Tears!

The drive down to City of Hope was quiet and the weather was a little gloomy. My stomach was all over the place.

I turned to Marco and asked how he was feeling and he said good.
All I could think of was yeah right...if I am feeling like this I could only imagine what was going through your stomach.

These appointments are the ones I dislike the most, I think.
It's the "unknown" that fear of what could be said that haunts and keeps me awake, as well as Marco.
That's what gets my stomach in a knot.

We started the day with a CT Scan, followed by lab work. We were pretty much ahead of schedule so we decided to wait for the doctor to see us for the results.

Doctor Chow came in with his cheery self and asked Marco how he was doing and then gave us the news that all test are CLEAR! He didn't see anything on the x-ray and all labs are great. He even brought down his cholesterol level by 50 points.

So either the chemotherapy worked or the combination of chemotherapy and Phase III trail together are working. just damn good will to survive, but something is kicking this cancer's ass. Crossing my fingers that it stays like this for a long while.

I swear sometimes I just feel like jumping and giving the doc a great big hug.....so I just say thank you a million times while he is finishing up his exam. ButI think he may have to call security to pry me off of him, just because I am so grateful.

My phone went off before texting a great news message to everyone before getting to the car and it was DLP texting from school wanting to know what was going on with the results. When I texted her the great news she was quick to respond " I am so happy! Sushi on me! to celebrate."

I couldn't contain myself by the time I got to the car my eyes were filling up with happy tears and by the time I reached the freeway... Marco looked over and said why the hell you crying .. I said they are happy tears and that was all it took to take me over the edge...... I was full blown crying. Good thing I wasn't wearing make-up cause you won't want to get a visual on that.
It's just a sigh of relief to know that this disease is not in control in his body "right now".

I texted everyone with the good news and within seconds everyone was replying with excitement. It feels good to know that everyone is there and feeling the same feeling that we are.

We finally went to Yoshi Sushi last night and celebrated. While we were there, I turned to Matthew because I realized in all the excitement I forgot to mention it to him about our day at City of Hope. Didn't mention the results and that there was no cancer.
So, I turned to him and asked, while he is tearing up some green tea ice- cream with whip cream and chocolate all over, if his pappa had told him the good news, he replied with " no what good news!" so I leaned in and told him that we had gone to City of Hope and asked him and guess what!

He had a smile on his face and said they didn't find anything on his lungs..(as he touched his chest).they didn't find a tumor anywhere in his body .....it's gone!? We all said yes ..... Good" said Machini, so now we can go to Lego Land since it's gone." We all laughed and started to get teary eyed right then and there, as we all continued to laugh through it .......while Marco adds ....."Just for that I am going to have beer!" and he did.

I would like to thank you all for replying to the text ...we appreciate everyone's love and support

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leezy120 said...
I must say... I too cried Happy Tears! My love is with you always!!

Surviving 3 Under 5 said...

Great update!!

We are all overjoyed to hear that all is clear. It seems like such a rollercoaster ride.

Overwhelming tears from bad news, overwhelming news from great news. Will we ever stop with the water works. I think our emotions have been through so much that we are crazed. Will uncertainty ever be easier for Marcs and Marie and all of the rest of us that dread the day of testing? Will we become acustom to dealing with this all?

I know that experience helps in other situations I pray that this experience will give us all strength in some way too.


For a long while it seemed as if all stopped...

I have to say that the smiles are more frequent now, a cold beer is enjoyed more often, a laugh is heard more often, a good moment is shared more often.

Are we becoming stronger and learning how to deal with this roller coaster?
V

Anonymous said...

From the bottom of our hearts we are so glad to hear the news. May this good news continue on and on. You & your family are always in our prayers. Continue ejoying yourselves. Lots of love,
The Nunez Family

Moshura's Sister said...

Everyone in DC also was waiting on the news. My co-workers were glad and noticed I had good news cause I wasn't biting their heads off, hehe..maybe this great progress has to do with all those trips to malibu and the boogie boarding!

Patty said...

One Day at a Time said...
It is the best news to hear ever! We were so anxious to see you both and believe me the results were in the back of our minds. It was soooo great to see u (the Wife!) and Mr. Marcus walking into abuelitas home with such wonderful smiles and great enthusiasm. Know that we will always love and support you all and let's just say that NASCAR which happens next weekend is definitely going to kick some a.. Looking forward to it. Go NASCAR!!! G0 Marcus!!

Anonymous said...

Lazy T said...

ahhhhhhhh.....

I can picture it now. The smell of high octane, the squeal of the tires as they peel out, the roar of the engines, and all of those highly tuned, brightly colored machines flying by us at 190 miles an hour. Is there any more perfect way to celebrate good times and good news. I can't think of any. I was glad to hear the news that day.

Fast Cars, and fast women here we come.... j/k

Well, maybe not so much the fast women part (if Danica would hurry up I actually could say that), but fast cars here we come!!!!!! :)

Elsa D. said...

Great news!!!!! I am soooooooooooooooooooo happy! I think I also have happy tears!
Love from this coast
Elsa

DLP said...

It's really great to finally hear some good news. That's really what we needed. Things have been so crayz for last two years and it's barely starting to be somewhat normal again. Although things have changed drastically on different levels within that time, at least we don't have to worry about going to city of hope all the time. Even though it was no problem, still none of us wanted to be there for the reason we were there for. It's good to be home. I am really happy that my dad is doing better. I hope things keep going great. :) love you.

Anonymous said...

Here's my high-5 Marcos!

This is really good news. I am so happy to hear that you are doing so well. I think we can now have a road trip disturber reunion (without the wives). Just kidding, Marie... I can already hear you yelling all the way over here :)

Bets

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!! Big Looch

Anonymous said...

Even though I did not get the text..the news was given to me by another cousin pretty quick. We were so happy! You look great Marco. This whole ordeal makes everyone think twice..about everything, our lives, loved ones and makes us appreciate more.
--Cousin in HP.