Thursday, November 12, 2009

Resilient !




Yesterday marked the six months of Marco being cancer free!
As we were driving in to Cerritos, I asked out load "Who knows what today marks?" Marco, DLP, and Machini just looked at me like I was crazy. So, I asked again...."Who knows what to marks?" So they yelled "Veterans Day!" Nope, I replied. "Lazy T's birthday!" Nope.

Then there came a pause and Matthew said "It's November 11th today!"....yeah and what marks today I asked again.
DLP says I know "It's been six months that my dad has been cancer free".

It has been six months that Marco has been cancer free. Yes, we get excited because that means that he hasn't been in the hospital of 180 days, no pain, no needles, etc..etc..

We ended up going to meet One Day at a Time and Lazy T, Leezy120, and Momma M at BJ"S to celebrate Lazy T's Birthday which is tomorrow. Great company and terrific food...I swear I was full from eating all that good food.

Marco has been doing well...with the exception that his shoulder has been sore but other than that he is doing good. November 23rd he has an appointment to see Dr. Chow for the Phase III trail and we will ask to have his shoulder checked. I will let you know what happens on that appointment.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leezy120 said...
That was a most wonderful and happy surprise to see you guys there. Momma and myself were sooo happy to see you all. Happy Anniversary! I hope you have a very fun and enjoyable weekend experience.

Patty said...

One Day at a Time said...
It was so great to hear what a great time you had at bjs. It is always great news to hear that Mr. Marcus is doing well. We always celebrate good news with you all. I know that this weekend is special for you all and I just want you to enjoy it!!! You deserve it!! Have a great time and take lots of pictures:)

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that, and I see you have a perfect theme picture, a phoenix that rises out of the ashes and for your diggety biggety boogety brouhahazoom zoom zoom trip! :)
Mosh Sis

Patty said...

One Day at a Time Said...
I am so glad that you guys enjoyed this past weekend in Arizona. I have to give it to you. You are all true adventurers. To travel that far to watch a race. Wow, you are definitely fans. I am just so happy that everyone had a great time. Looking forward to seeing you all very soon:)

Surviving 3 Under 5 said...

Wow 6 months is a long time Mamma!! that is what Roman said about Marcs's Cancer-free status. We are all really happy to hear that so far so good...all clear. We are glad you took that great road trip.

Anonymous said...

Lazy T said....

What a cool way to spend your anniversary and your 6 months of cancer free. I am glad that I was able to be apart of it! Lets make it a whole year, and lets go to more races!!!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.