Thursday, March 25, 2010

Day Two

Day Two:
The home nurse came yesterday to make sure I was going to be ok with giving Marco his IV antibiotics. Once she saw I was fine she left and I was on my own. Today will be a whole day that I will be infusing the IV so, so far it is going well.

Still on antibiotics one of them one every 8 hours and the other every 12 hours thru IV. One by mouth 4x a day plus pain medication as needed. He has been doing well....and I think I have been doing a hell of job doing the infusion for him. lol

Marco has been eating better at home..Salt-n-Pepper and DLP had some chicken soup for him when we got home yesterday and I made some pork with green salsa and rice and he tore it up you would have thought que lo tenian amarado. The food has been going down smoothly so that is a good thing. He is getting around the house just fine.

He had some oatmeal, toast, yogurt, and apple sauce this morning with some orange juice and canela seemed to go down. So off to a good start I would say...
Still tired and with some discomfort as he says on the surgery side and I still have him confined to the room till his stomach is feeling better just for house precautions. Which he is doing better.

I will keep you posted....:)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear Marco is doing good at home...there's no place like home. Wife, I think they should give you an honorary registered nurse degree!
Cousin from HP

Anonymous said...

so glad to hear that he is doing very well. He is one hell of strong man that i have seen. I hope he get better soon....xoxo

Salt AND Pepper said...

I'm so proud of you! Only you could do this and more. I know that it is your strenght, that is giving Marco his strenght to fight!, and in turn, it is Marco's strenght that is keeping you so strong. Nothing will stop you from doing what you need to do.
You are "HOME" Marco!
(I'm here for you)

Moshura's Sister said...

I also think you may have found a new high salary recession-proof career path Nurse Mendez...;)

Anonymous said...

Leezy120 said...

Thinking of you guys!

Yes that be great to have a nurse in our family!!

Anonymous said...

One Day at a Time Said...
We definitely need a nurse in this family. Too many owies! Thanks so much for taking care of our wonderful brother. Feel better Marcus, I am sure you are anxious to get started on some of your many projects. We always appreciate your knowledge and expertise on many of our "projects" or as one would call, "mishaps". Looking forward to seeing you soon. Take care. Luv u:)

Anonymous said...

Surviving 3 under 5 said

Hopefully he is recouping each day getting stronger. Sending you all a big hug. love you
V

Ro said...

Marco, good to hear that you are finally home with the familia, that's the best medication you could possibly get.

Marie, good job nursing him back to health.

Take care guys.