Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cancer Survivor Day at City of Hope Today

Today at City of Hope they held their 3rd Annual Cancer Survivor Day. This year it was ALOHA Style, they decorated the Resource Center all out in Hawaiian Themed booths. As we entered all the Survivors were greeted and had metals given to them with the City of Hope logo on them. All of us were given leis. We took a pic which will be placed in the City of Hope scrapbook.

This morning Marco didn't want to attend this event he didn't think it was something to celebrate I suppose it could be true but I would like to think that it's a day that we celebrate the courage and the tough fight that he as well as million of others have to go through for NO REASON at all. It's a day to see how many other survivors have gone through hell and have fought to come and say I am a SURVIVOR!

This is a big deal... this celebration is not one you think of like a birthday or retirement, it's a you have survived a life of hell for 3 years. You have gone through 2 types of hardcore chemotherapy's , gone through all the nausea, you lost all your hair twice, you have had 5 MAJOR surgeries without knowing what the outcome would be. You have fought through all this and yet at the end of the day you are a SURVIVOR you are the one who has tolerated all of the above and them some not mentioned. I do celebrate in my own way that I have you hear with us after all this shit you have gone through , so yes you are a SURVIVOR and one of the strongest men I know. So I want to thank you for going today as a survivors who has stood up to cancer and fought with all you have to survive. I thank you for fighting Marco ....we love you very much!!!

Enough said....I will post picture if they send me one later....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HELLO KITTY!

I AGREE WHOLHEARTEDLEE THAT YOU ARE A SURVIVOR. You have fought one of the greatest battles any human being can. we congratulat you and we are honored to still have you among us. We love you!!!
Your Temecula Familia

Anonymous said...

One Day at a Time said...
I am so glad that you guys did have an opportunity to attend. We are actually teaching a unit on Courage @ school and I often think of Marcus when I discuss Courage. Even my students discuss how courageous my brother has been to have gone through so much and still persevere. We can not try to understand what you all have gone through, but just know that we do try to support and understand it. We always try to wish you positive thoughts and of course we wish you the best! Stay strong!!!

Anonymous said...

Leezy120 said...

Marco has a lot of courage. He is fighting a tough battle and is faced with difficult situations. Everyday he has to deal with pain and problems that only if we are walking in his shoes would we understand.

I am grateful that because you guys are strong and love each other unconditionally you can survive the daily obstacles that arise.

Marco you are a survivor! I love you very much!

Surviving 3 Under 5 said...

My My yes I am glad you went. We celebrate all of your courage to stand up to that Cancer!