Monday, February 20, 2012

Hard To Breath...

We had a good turn out for our blood drive....thank you to all of Marco's Rally Monkey's for showing up and supporting the a good cause. Marco was not able to attend because he had a horrible night of fevers and was just coughing all night. He sent me represent so that everyone would be willing to donate next time.

It was bitter sweet returning to COH since Octorber. I had an hour to drive in and an hour to drive back by myself and the emotions I was dealing with were emotionally exhausting.

Since Saturday, Marco has not been doing well. His breathing has gotten terribly worse, there is nothing he can do without getting absolutely winded. It takes him longer to try to catch his breath and it is just terrifying to see him gasping for air. I just feel helpless that there is nothing I can do but run to put the damn oxygen level to the max on the machine and cross my fingers that it gets to him fast enough before something happens to him.

Last night I was on the computer as he walked to the bathroom it didn't take long before he called me I ran to the bathroom door and he was turning colors and he said he needed the oxygen. Well it took him a while till he was back to "normal breathing" it was scary to see him like that.

He has been on the oxygen 24hours a day and is now taking his breakthrough medication 2 X a day aside from his normal doses. The fever is still there off and on in the day and night time. So far we have had a handle on it to bring it down fast. He has a harder time keeping a conversation too. As if all this is not enough he has been coughing up a lot of blood sputum which is not a good thing either. So far, we are just keeping an eye on him like hawks.

I was planning on putting up the pictures from last Saturday, but that will have to wait a little bit. But we would like to take the time to thank you all who donated on Sat. WE LOVE YOU ALL!!!

8 comments:

Salt AND Pepper said...

Ilove you Marco!!!

Agent Turd said...

I read this and its hard to find words to describe the feelings that I have. Marco I love you so much you're an amazing man that I have looked up to for so long. It makes me so mad to know that no matter what I want to do I can't change anything. It was hard for me being at COH as well. I love you Marco and if there is anything I can do let me know.

Anonymous said...

Marco you're such a strong man. You are so loved by many.

Karen Denn said...

Dave was always stubborn when wearing his oxygen, the times he needed it the most, walking, climbing steps, showering, etc. he never wanted to use it then. In Dave's last days it was at the highest level possible and he still only had an 84% oxygen level, but at this point it didn't seem to bother him anymore. My point is to stress to him how important to use the oxygen when ever he is exerting more. Praying this is a temporary thing and that you will have more time with him. Take care.

Vicki said...

We love you all very much. Sending many hugs and let us know if we can help in any way.

Anonymous said...

Marco I wish things could be different. You have sacrificed a lot in your life. Your suffering is not taken for granted. You have sacrificed a lot in your health, but not your spirit. You are the only human being I know that possess these qualities that no other in existence owns. You are kind, forgiving, tolerant, patient, open minded, loving, sweet, well mannered, generous, intelligent, trustworthy, honest, handsome, gentleman, caring, positive, strong, creative, magnificent, amicable, remarkable, outgoing, helpful and yes the list goes on. I love you with all I can possibly love you my dear brother. Leezy

Anonymous said...

And a hardworker and great sense of humor. I am a very lucky sister and person to have you in my life. Marco you know I can keep going with describing words for you. You are that awesome of a person. Leezy

Anonymous said...

And I just had to add that you are also supportive, peaceful, and easygoing. You are the fun cool kid everyone wants to be around with. I can keep going on forever. Love, Leezy